Andy Lau is a partner in the firm’s Estate Planning, Social Impact & Innovation, and Tax Practice Groups. Andy’s practice concentrates principally on estate and wealth planning. He counsels business owners, wealthy families and closely-held businesses in business and succession planning and structuring, advanced estate and asset protection planning, tax planning, contracts, and real estate.
Andy also advises and counsels executors, trustees and beneficiaries on all aspects of estate and trust administration, including probate, tax, distribution of assets and other administration matters. He also provides advice to clients with disabled family members and counsels on areas of special needs planning.
Andy earned a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) in Finance and International Business with high honors from Loyola University Chicago and attained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Andy has been recognized by his peers in the legal community as he was named a 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2019 and 2020 Rising Star by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine.
Andy is fluent in Cantonese Chinese.
- Estate Planning
- Social Impact & Innovation
- Chicago Kent College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.B.A., with high honors, 2005)
- Illinois State Bar (2010)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015-2020
- Leading Lawyers Magazine, Emerging Lawyer in Trust, Will & Estate Planning