We help you save dollars and make sense of the complex world of litigation.
Keeping Litigation Lean
In the costly, risky, and often chaotic world of litigation, the optimal litigation strategy for one problem may be unsuitable for another. That’s why our Litigation Practice Group approaches business disputes by working closely with clients to gain an early understanding of the specific controversy. From there, we’re able to devise an effective case management strategy, propose the most economical approach, and execute it efficiently. And by appropriately staffing, we ensure that we’re working within our clients’ expectations – without sacrificing superior results. And by consulting with our other practice groups, the Litigation Practice Group has the full resources to aggressively pursue and promote our clients’ interests.
Litigation Practice Group expertise and resources:
- Commercial litigation representation on the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal court
- Arbitration and mediation proceedings throughout the United States
- Contract disputes; commercial torts; shareholder disputes and minority shareholder rights cases director, officer and employee fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Claims regarding theft of proprietary business information and unfair trade practices
- Securities litigation (including SEC investigations, 10-b5 claims and shareholder derivative actions) lawsuits concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation and termination of employment, covenants not-to-compete and other employment-related matters
- Lawsuits concerning mergers and acquisitions; real estate acquisition, disposition, lease and construction matters; insurance coverage disputes; injunction proceedings
- Day-to-day handling of pleadings, discovery, pre-trial, trial, and appeal of commercial disputes
The litigators at PFS know that early, hands-on, client-involved management of business disputes is the only way to achieve economical results in business litigation. We strive not only for excellence, but for excellence at an acceptable cost.
Alec Losh is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Alec has experience with a variety of commercial litigation matters on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants in state […]
Elizabeth L. Archerd is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Liz has assisted in partnership disputes, employment litigation, landlord-tenant disputes, and commercial class actions, among other areas. Every […]
John Eagan is an associate in the Employment and Litigation Practice Groups. John has spent years working closely with employers of all shapes and sizes to implement policies and procedures that […]
Jonathan Goodman has been a partner in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Jonathan has more than two decades of experience litigating complex commercial cases for his clients in state and […]
Jordan Finfer is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Jordan has extensive experience advising entrepreneurs, owners, investors and executives at privately held companies in a myriad of matters, […]
Phil Reed is the chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Phil represents businesses—large, mid-size and small—as well as business owners and entrepreneurs, in litigation in state and federal courts. […]
Our litigation attorneys take the time to understand your situation, right from the start. We work closely with our PFS colleagues to ensure you have the right expertise for your needs. Learn about our team.