Jeffrey A. Pine
Jeffrey A. Pine is a partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Jeff’s practice focuses on all aspects of intellectual property law, including patent, trade secret, trademark and copyright, litigation, prosecution, counseling, licensing and opinion work.
Based on his years of experience, both as an intellectual property attorney and working as an engineer for a major defense contractor, Jeff has litigation and prosecution acumen in the electrical, mechanical, software and Internet fields. As an engineer, Jeff developed and designed automatic test equipment in the field of electronic countermeasures.
Jeff is a registered patent attorney with experience in all proceedings at the Patent Office, including inter parties review at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and has represented clients in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, including oppositions and cancellations.
Jeff has been recognized in the Illinois Super Lawyers publication on a number of occasions, and has contributed and lectured on various intellectual property topics for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Executive Management and Computer Conference, B3 Building Better Business magazine, among others.
- Intellectual Property
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of Illinois (Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, 1984)
- State Bar of Illinois, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Section of Intellectual Property Law
- Illinois Super Lawyers