Lindsey A. Weltman
Lindsey A. Weltman is a partner in the firm’s Business Practice Group. Lindsey focuses on M&A and other complex business transactions, representing buyers, sellers, private equity funds and investors, as well as advising clients on private securities transactions. Lindsey also counsels corporate clients on various legal and business matters and frequently drafts a variety of commercial contracts for clients’ everyday legal needs.
Recently, Lindsey has represented:
- a cybersecurity company in the sale of its business to a private equity backed strategic buyer.
- a real estate company in structuring the private placement of securities.
- a leading nationwide distributor of aluminum wire and cable products in the sale of its business to a private equity fund.
- a company in its spinoff and resulting sale of its IoT division.
Lindsey joined PFS after spending a couple years at another law firm in Chicago, where her practice included business law, real estate, and estate planning. This experience gave her a broad view of legal issues and the ability to independently counsel clients and take on responsibility early in her career. Clients appreciate Lindsey’s guidance and follow-through. Lindsey loves learning about her clients’ business operations, and interned as in-house counsel during law school, which gave her a perspective of how businesses function internally.
Lindsey employs not only legal professionalism, but also empathy and candor to drive the best possible result for her clients. She values the teamwork employed at PFS used to achieve the clients’ goals or solve their problems, and she is thankful for her intelligent, motivated, down to earth co-workers. This seamless collaboration and cooperation across various practice areas helps to timely and successfully close each deal.
Lindsey enjoys doing pro bono work in the community and volunteers at the Center for Disability and Elder Law, an organization which provides pro bono legal services to the elderly or those who have permanent disabilities. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family, working out and practicing yoga, traveling and spending time outdoors.
Lindsey is a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A. 2012) and the University of Illinois College of Law at Urbana-Champaign (J.D. 2015) where she graduated magna cum laude.
- University of Illinois College of Law at Urbana-Champaign (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A., 2012)
- Illinois State Bar (2015)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association