Scott Michie is a partner in the firm’s Business Practice Group, concentrating his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private securities transactions and general corporate matters. Scott has experience counseling clients in a variety of industries, such as manufacturing, technology, food production, hospitality and financial services.
Recently, Scott has represented:
- a specialty fabrics manufacturer in the sale of its business to a public company strategic buyer.
- a hotel management company in structuring the private placement of securities.
- a corrugated box and packaging company in the formation of a joint venture with a strategic partner.
- an events and sports marketing company in negotiating and drafting event and sponsorship agreements.
- a hospitality management group in structuring the private placement of preferred stock in connection with the opening of a new entertainment venue.
- a logistics company with respect to its day-to-day corporate and contract needs.
Scott is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin (B.S., Chemical Engineering) and the University of Chicago Law School (J.D.).
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2007)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.S., 1996)
- Illinois State Bar (2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2007)