Many of our clients rely on us to serve as their general counsel, while in other cases we work closely with our clients’ in-house legal teams. Our business lawyers have experience in a variety of industries and businesses, including manufacturing, distribution, banking, e-commerce, healthcare, insurance, marketing, professional services, produce, restaurant, and technology. Yet, we never stop asking questions. We are always enthusiastic to learn more about each client’s business –and we have a passion to help them succeed.
Our business lawyers are recognized for their focus on client service, ingenuity, commitment to quality, and pragmatism. They draw upon the experience of equally talented colleagues in the firm’s other practice areas, as appropriate, to effectively handle the matter at hand.
Our business lawyers are regularly engaged in the following services (among others):
- Business formation and structuring
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating shareholder, partnership, and limited liability company operating agreements
- Governance (including with respect to governing boards and advisory committees, fiduciary duties, director (or manager) and officer indemnification, and voting agreements)
- Minority owner oppression disputes
- Business succession planning
- Financing (including traditional bank financing and private debt and equity offerings)
- Employment, consulting, and confidentiality agreements
- Executive compensation (including deferred and incentive compensation arrangements)
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements with customers and suppliers