Our tax attorneys are recognized for creative tax planning and structuring, especially when it comes to identifying solutions for knotty problems in complicated business transactions. We have significant experience in the many aspects of business formations, operations, liquidations, and numerous transactional areas.
- Business formations (including choice of entity) and succession planning
- Partnership and joint venture formations and transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions (including reorganizations, recapitalizations, divestitures, and liquidations)
- Private equity, venture capital, and hedge fund formations and transactions
- Private debt and equity offerings
- Real estate transactions (including acquisition, disposition and leasing transactions, syndications, tax-deferred exchanges, tenancy-in-common arrangements, and REIT and UPREIT transactions)
- Executive compensation
- Intellectual property transactions
- General business and commercial transactions
Our tax attorneys have accounting backgrounds or advanced degrees in taxation, teach in law school tax programs, speak and write for nationally recognized seminar companies and tax publications, and participate in projects to provide comments on tax regulations to the Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service. Our attorneys also are active in tax discussion groups and associations, and include a fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel and former Chairs of the Chicago Bar Association’s Federal Taxation Committee and Partnership and Passthrough Entities Subcommittee.